Tuesday 20 November 2012

Issue #6

Lots more printing has been had over the past few days;

I've been doing a lot of work with the nerves of the hand, and the imagery thereof, going a tad more surrealist than expected ever since someone pointed out how tree-like they looked. As Michael Canning said to me, this is in danger of being a tad straightforward and simple, so I'm going to try and be a bit more abstract from now on with the whole nerve thing. A challenge with such a precise, scientific subject matter but a challenge is nowt but good!

Anyway, I made a mono-print and lino-print based on this, and only today I made three different woodblock prints which are presently ensconced in the print rooms drying.



It came out a tad patchy, but sure for a fairly large lino done up in the studio without the press or good ink I'm happy enough with how it turned out. 



That's the wood itself for the woodcut prints I made earlier today. I quite like the whole nerve grass, nerve hand-tree and nervey roots images, but I suppose it could be a bit simplistic.

I made a start today on my life-size nerves mono-print. First I pulled a Caravaggio and used this dead Jim I found in the studio so I'd definitely have the right proportions etc.




I then drew in a load of nerves from various images;


So the plan is to make a load of small mono-prints on Thursday, then piece them together and form the whole Jim Nerves image!

No comments:

Post a Comment